Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wes' thoughts

Well, I have to say that Canada rocks! Taxis, planes, and my first ride on the metro...pretty much the coolest thing EVER. Stay tuned for pics of that. Anyways, I have been a little cranky today because I woke up at 3:30 a.m. Mommy and daddy kept coming in and telling me that it was still nighttime and to go back to sleep, but I know they were just kidding because it was SO light outside! Anyways, for some reason daddy (whom mommy keeps calling "MacGuyver") has rigged a dark sheet on my window now. We'll see how long it takes me to figure out how to get that down.


Mommy has done lots of asking around about things to do with me. She's pretty bold and actually thinks she can communicate with the folks here by using a mixture of gestures and funny words. Anyways, she's found 2 parks for us to go to. One has a big sand pit! And mommy also found sand toys at a church garage sale here (she's so resourceful), so it is fun to go dig! I keep asking to go with my Dallas buddies, but mommy keeps saying we can't...we'll have to make new friends here in Canada. What she doesn't realize is that the prospective "friends" all talk really funny. My mommy has taught me how to say "Je m'appelle Wes" (my name is Wes), but again, I think that's one of her jokes. Crazy mommy. The other kids at the park all wear bibs. Mommy says it's to distinguish them as belonging to a specific school...I think it's because they're all babies. Anyways, whatever. Today we also saw some old men laying around the park across the street in their underwear (mommy calls them speedos) trying to get tan or something. Mommy doesn't think it's so funny for me to point and yell "naked man," however.


The best part of all about this whole Canada thing is that daddy is around a lot more! Now if I could just get him to go tan in his underwear, too....THAT would be funny.


A quick shout-out to my friend Alex in Georgia...he's a new big brother! Welcome to the club, buddy. Congratulations to Kristin and Paul on the birth of baby Blake!

1 comment:

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

If Bob does decide to join the Canadian sunbathers, you MUST take a camera!